Thursday, February 4, 2016

Turn To The Temple (Thankful Thursday)



It's no secret that I love temples, but today I got to go to the temple and I was reminded of how truly grateful I am for temples. I love going to different temples when I travel - just to see how unique they all are.. Knowing full well that all ordinances and teachings found inside are the exact same. Both of my parents are converts to the LDS church. Temples are places where families can be sealed together for time and all eternity. My grandfather passed away the day after his family was sealed together and I get chills almost every time I think about that. For me, aside from this very significant reason, I love temples because they're places of peace. You can escape the world. For a few hours when I go inside, I turn off my phone, cut out socializing and I just try to listen. Listen for promptings, inspiration or any knowledge that I might be able to gain while I'm there. When I don't know what else to do, I know I can always turn to the temple. It holds such a serene stillness and in this world filled with commotion. I'm extremely grateful that I can turn to the temple and feel particularly close to God and my Savior.

No comments: