Monday, January 18, 2016

#3: The Financial

Make and actually stick to a budget. I may have talked about finances earlier, but believe you me, it is a constant struggle. Seriously. I've already sat down and figured out my budget. I put the numbers in Mint and I already know that I'll have to look at my budget several times a week every month in order to stick to it. But you know what, there's an app and I believe I can be disciplined enough to it. And there's an app. On my phone that I use and look at pretty much all day long every day. I know I can squeeze a few moments in there to glance at my finances and know where I am in my budgets. My background on this is probably similar to everyone else's. I don't always stick to my budget. I like to shop. I like to give gifts. I like to help people out. I like furniture. I like traveling, makeup, pampering, massages. I like nice things. Don't we all? I think it's totally fine to like nice things, but we don't NEED them and we especially don't NEED them ALL. THE. TIME. Balance, folks. It's all about balance. I make an exception here, I spend a little more there. This year is about discipline. I think part of the reason we spend is because we get bored. Maybe we don't have anything better to do. So this year, instead of getting a rise out of shopping, I'm trying to get a rise out of saving. Out of working toward the things that I really want. We all go back and forth on this. It's a constant effort. But habits are easier to keep once they're established. So far, I'm not doing too bad. 

No comments: