Sunday, January 10, 2016

Jesus is my homeboy

Jesus is my home boy. I mean that with no disrespect. He knows us each better than we know ourselves and He is willing and waiting to pick us up when we've fallen, when we're weak, when we're lost, etc. I've grown up as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (LDS/Mormon). Both of my parents were converts to the church. I love this gospel. I don't know where I would be without it. It provides a guide for my life, as well as strength, understanding and several other attributes because it has given me the confidence that God is actually my loving Heavenly Father, that Jesus Christ is His Son and My Savior. I believe that Christ died for our sins and that we can all live again in God's presence, with our families.


Now, did my testimony start because of Joseph Smith? Because of the Book of Mormon? No and no. Do I believe they're true? Absolutely. For me, because I had faith in my Savior, I believed in the words of the Book of Mormon. I felt the Spirit of God when I read that book, and if that was the case, I knew that Joseph Smith must be a prophet. So for me, church history was never a strong point, but definitely something I've been interested to learn more about. I'm getting a fair dose of church history in Missouri and I'll be sharing more with you soon! Sorry for the late post.

No comments: