Monday, January 4, 2016

Goal #1: The Spiritual



I want to give you a little background on my New Years goals, but it would honestly be way too much for one post. So instead, I'm going to split it up into 4 posts. I'll do one every Monday in January. New year, new week. Seems to make sense. 

So the first: my Spiritual goal. Be charitable. 
I've become very good at focusing on my goals when I want to focus on them. I say that because although I definitely consider myself an extremely goal oriented and motivated person, there are absolutely times when I'm not. Like when I stay up too late and wake up too late and just want to stay in bed all day. I told you. I'm no master of these things I enjoy. I have several times when I neglect my goals because I want to watch a Netflix marathon, eat a tub of ice cream just because or simply just want to stay in bed. It's nice. It's comfortable. I'm human. But I'm straying. Back to my goal. I've realized that I can get so focused on my individual goals that it makes it hard for me to focus outside of myself. Let's be honest. We all know we're part of the "me" "now" generation - sometimes with those two going together and sometimes just on their own. So I want to be a better person. I want to focus on the people around me. I need to get outside of myself. The best way I can think to do that is to strive to be more Christ-like. When I think of Him, I think the attribute that best encapsulates who He is, is charity. I won't even pretend that I can be as charitable as the Savior, but I'm definitely going to try to be better than I currently am. I really think being involved and sincerely caring about the people around you goes a long way. I need to care. I need to listen. I need to love people. I need to be charitable. See the bigger picture.

No comments: