Friday, January 8, 2016

The Truth About Working Remotely


In my first post, I promised this would be unfiltered. So here's the truth: as much as I L.O.V.E. traveling, working and traveling does actually involve WORK. And discipline. And balance. And a lot of understanding from the people you travel with. Several times when I work remotely, I revel in the views like the one above as I sit in my hotel or friend's house and work ALL.DAY.LONG. It's definitely still worth it. At the end of my day, just as I would if I were home, I put my computer away and get to go explore a new city. And if I stay over a weekend, I explore the WHOLE weekend. I do however find that I'm more committed to making the most of my time when I'm away. Just wanted to bring a little reality to this whole working remotely thing. I feel like most people picture very little actual work, but let me assure you, I still work. A lot. Working remotely doesn't mean I'm on vacation all day every day. If you're thinking about working remotely, just keep that in mind. It involves a lot of discipline and efficiency. My relief comes because my view changes and at the end of the day, I get to try new foods in new places and explore new cities. Just didn't want to paint a fairy tale for you. So maybe I didn't leave the hotel room all day today (stop judging), but tonight, I'm exploring Kansas City!

No comments: