Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Wake Up & Workout - Just Get There

This is unfiltered, right? I get to be totally honest and hope you don't judge me too bad (badly/poor/poorly.. are you judging me already?). My friend asked me what my motto is - if I have a saying that keeps me going. Kind of like Nike: Just do it. That's a great one, by the way. Honestly, for sole purpose of not stealing Nike's (and because this is what I actually tell myself on a regular basis..) it's GET THERE. SHOW UP. Either one.

In the morning? Get out of bed. Nobody (at least in my world) actually wants to get up out of their warm, comfy bed first thing in the morning. But you know what? Once you just GET UP, it's pretty natural to get started with your day.. at least that's usually how it is with me. but...Right now, the struggle is real. So, so real. But I'm working on it.

The gym? JUST GET THERE. JUST SHOW UP! As soon as you do, aren't you going to workout? Like I said yesterday, I prefer to go to the gym already knowing what my workout will be, but, even if I just show up at the gym.. even if I don't have a totally killer workout, I will still workout. And I will still feel a million times better than if I had stayed at home.



Today I didn't get to the gym in the morning, but I still made it. I didn't push myself too hard because I'm still getting back into it, but I'm sure I'll feel it tomorrow and I can't wait. Seriously.

So the moral of the story today? JUST GET THERE. People struggle with motivation ALL the time. Try this week to force yourself - and believe me, I know first hand that it's forced very often - force yourself to just GET THERE. Do it because you know that getting there - showing up is truly the hardest part. You'll be grateful you forced yourself into it and the results will always be worth it.

No comments: