Wednesday, January 27, 2016

How to Win


I FINALLY got in an early morning workout! It feels so good - it's invigorating. I feel like I'm winning. I'm still not quite back to my 5am's, but I'm sure I'll get there soon. I know what you're thinking - 5AM WORKOUT!? NO WAY. I know. It sounds a little crazy. I totally feel like an old woman when I tell my friends I want to go to bed early so I can wake up early to workout. BUT, once I started creating a habit, I realized how much I could get done if I get up early and workout. It literally feels like I have more hours in the day. As I've said before, I'm really not a morning person. It requires constant effort to get up early, BUT when I just get up, I accomplish so much more! Seriously, it's like I magically feel more confident. I'm automatically more productive and it seems like I'm so much better equipped to handle issues and stress throughout the day. It's probably because working out gets your endorphin's and adrenaline going. (At least that's what people say, right?)

So let the adrenaline kick in. It's only Wednesday. You still have so many days left in the week! Do what you can to get out of bed or off the couch. Get your workout in. And try waking up early. If you try it and hate it, you don't have to keep doing it. But give it a shot. Try it for a few weeks - maybe a month. I promise it will make a difference.  Remember - the hardest part is getting there. And once you get there, you'll be grateful. Because who ever regrets working out? Or being productive? It's a win. And we all like to win.

Here's my workout from today. If you need to adjust it - by all means!

Warm Up (3x): 
12 2 level box step ups each side
12 squats on bosu ball (ball up)
12 toe to ceiling raises 
12 sit ups w/ extended legs 

1st Set (Arms, standing on bosu ball, 3x):
2.5 lbs straight alphabet (both arms)
2.5 lbs 90* alphabet (both arms)
12 5 lbs hammer curls (last set w/ side wobble)
12 5 lbs bent over rows 
12 5 lbs biceps curls (last set standing on one leg)

2nd Set (Legs, 3x):
12 110 lbs adductors (out)
12 135 lbs leg press
12 135 lbs angled front squat machine 
12 40 lbs standing kick back machine, each leg

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha nice Aunty! You show those old ppl wassup! Taha